Who We Are ›
Vision, Mission, Goals, Core Values
Sustaining Change for Orphaned Children and Society
Global Family Village (GFV) envisions a permanent systemic change within the child welfare system; allowing all disenfranchised children in Nepal the opportunity to grow up in a home with a stable family unit including siblings, surrogate parent caregivers and strong community ties.
Global Family Village (GFV's) mission is to help disenfranchised children reach their full potential through family-centered, community based homes; to thrive and become productive members of their society.
- Facilitate change from institutional orphan care to family-centered, community-based homes through limited-time partnerships with existing orphanages and local community stakeholders.
- Support holistic development of orphan children in an enabling environment.
- Ensure sustainability and self-sufficiency through principles of environmental protection and respect.
- Provide sufficient training and financial support for families to ensure long-term success of the children.
- Develop strong and lasting relationships with donors, partners and government agencies.
- Alleviate suffering of children.
- Raise sufficient funds through donations to Global Family Village Inc. in order to actualize the organizational Mission and Goals.
- Create a scalable, repeatable model that could be transferred to other Nepal communities and countries where there is a need and desire to implement.
- Identify suitable children's homes in supportive communities. Help to transform these homes as required to adequately meet the needs of the GFV family model.
- Provide training and support to “mothers”’ and “grandparents” of the GFV family.
- Provide support for education in the local schools that serve children of the family and the community-at-large .
- Provide early childhood program, including education and nutrition training for community families.
- Implement environmentally sustainable initiatives for food production and processing and waste disposal.
Values That Drive Global Family Village Programs
In meeting our goals and objectives, and creating a replicable model for serving children in need, our programs shall be driven by the following values:
- GFV is committed to honesty and integrity and therefore operates with 100 percent accountability and transparency for the benefit of its donors, partners, staff and supporters.
- GFV commits that to the best of its ability all decisions that the organization makes ultimately contribute to the mental, physical and spiritual health and well being of disenfranchised children.
- GFV seeks out and fosters partnerships with Nepali and other organizations understanding that such partnerships with contribute to achieving the VISION and MISSION of the organization.
- GFV is committed to staying current on and implementing best practices related to childcare and helping children of trauma.
- GFV supports environmental sustainability and where ever possible will seek out solutions that reduce or minimize environmental impact.